Saturday, December 3, 2011

November 21st, 2011


To Candice:

Wow, thanks so much for the lyrics! Made me so happy, and sad at the same time. Remember the trip to Arches National Park? You totally were the mom that trip, and just mobbed it in Ivy's car! Hahaha :D How lucky that you get to be in California. I actually forgot about Thanksgiving because they don't celebrate it here (obviously). Nor do they have pumpkins. They just have Fiestas to celebrate the holidays, or everyone leaves Quito to go to the coast. There are some members in the ward who used to live in Utah for 5 years or so, so we'll stop by tonight to see if they made anything festive. There are a lot of fireworks at night, and that is something they do from November 2nd to January 1st. Also, everyone has their fake christmas tree up already. The 6th of November is the usual day, then they take it down the 6th of January. And they set up these huge scenes with toys and dolls around the bottom of the tree with Jesus in the manger and wisemen and such and tons of animals...
My companion, i'm sure, thinks i do a lt of wierd things, but other than the way I dress on P-days, I think i'm pretty normal here. Just tall. Well, thanks for the email, I love love love you. Thats cool that you write to Briana. I am learning to write with my left hand, but I just think about briana. Sometimes, though, when I write in my journal, I feel like I am writing to her.

Love Ian.

Whatever bob dylan or neil young song, if you could, for next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment