Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Imbabura



Sorry that I didn't write much yesterday. I had to get on the bus quick and get here as soon as I could. I left at 10 am and arrived at 6:30...I don't know why it is so tiring to sit in a bus, but I was wiped out. Elder Walker is great, he is humble and calm. There are a ton of missionaries here opening new sectors because of the influx of missionaries in the world. My zone is called Imbabura and used to have 10 missionaries working 9 wards, but now, there are 18 missionaries, one companionship per ward. I am in the ward San Roque and love it. All around my house is just farmland, I sit at my desk and look up to see the rising flanks of the Imbabura volcano. My sector is just one extensive hill and just keep going up the whole volcano(: everyone here speaks kichwa and often say they don't speak Spanish in order to not have to talk with us...but we'll see what can be done. I'll try to take some pictures and send them to you in the afternoon. We are having p-day today because yesterday the Zone Leader and my companion were running around getting all the new houses ready for the incoming missionaries, but next week it will all be back to normal. Well, that's the update for now, I'll write again later on.

 
Elder Blackwelder

No comments:

Post a Comment