Monday, January 21, 2013

I am an Ecuadorian



Well, I have been doing a lot better this week writing in my journal, I think I wrote 6 of the nights. With my other goals, well, those have been tough to get on top of. It's fun being a missionary, but it can get so frustrating sometimes and lately I have been thinking about what other people think of me as I walk by. Not in like a superficial or lack of self confidence sort of way, but just what do they think I do? Why do they think I am here? I have met a lot of other "missionaries" here in Ecuador from other organizations, but I see them as people who are here for very different purposes than I am; things like college application, getting to know a rad country, ease of obtaining certain drugs, or other things like that. I hope that people can see me and not think that I am here for any of those reasons. I hope they see me as someone who really wants to help them. Honestly, I just wish they saw me as an Ecuadorian, as weird as it may sound. I was going through the notes that Bridgette took from my setting apart and saw that it mentioned me feeling a strong bond with the Ecuadorian people, as if they were kin. That has definitely come true for me. I like their weird food, I like their weird music, I like their language, I especially like their land, and I just like them. They all have such interesting lives and live at a different pace than we do. It is comfortable for me now. I imagine most missionaries have feelings like these at some point, but I just wish I could stay here longer (: haha it is weird, and I love the both lives, but like I said, it is just so comfortable for me here now. Well, have a good week. 
Love Elder Blackwelder
Here are some pictures from the service we had this week...



No comments:

Post a Comment