Monday, January 14, 2013

18 Months! Jan 14th, 2013

"It is all going by so quickly! The theme song for this week in my head is by The Eagles, ..."I've been runnin' down the road tryin' a loosen my load....". Juliana's baptism really was excellent and some members helped us out with refreshments. Juliana had invited her mom and cousin who are not members and they definitely felt the spirit. On Sunday, the Bishop and my companion and I went to the house of my earlier convert, Luis Cornejo, the one with the intestine problem, to give him the Melchizedek priesthood.Unfortunately, his health is worsening.

Elder Fowkes, an elder who lives in our house, and I went to the offices today to check on a few things. On the way, I bought a nice hammock I want to hang in our apartment. The best thing that happened today is that I ran into some members, the Perez Family, from my last sector, and got caught up on news! They have a son on a  mission in Tijuana, Mexico and their other son is leaving soon for a mission to Rosario, Argentina. I asked them about the less active members and converts from their area, and it sounds like everyone is doing great!  Javier Correa is getting ready to go on a mission, and his parents - even his dad - are going to church! Also, one of the less active families we got back to church are going to the temple in 15 days to be sealed as a family. Their oldest son is going on a mission to Peru :)
I am sooo happy about all the good news :)

Love Elder Blackwelder


Photos from Juliana's baptism and the refreshments afterward:





No comments:

Post a Comment