Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week 17

January 9, 2012
To the family-
Whoo, another week, they go by so fast. I loved everyone of those pictures you sent. So funny and sad to see you all together at Christmas.
This week we had a training meeting with President and I go to have an interview with him. He is so funny and calm, sooo calm. He taught me some good tricks for asking for references from the members, so we are going to start implementing that this week.
The weather was kinda rainy this week and I made a recording today of the thunderstorm, but I think I got rain in my recorder! Or the batteries died. I had some strange dreams this week about catalina, mainly because right before I go to sleep I remember myself swimming through the kelp with Thom and dad. Mmmm. My companion said he played a jazz thing on the island once with his school band when they were on a Disneyland trip.
Daniel and his mom have come back from Guayaquil and we set a baptismal date for the 28 of January. They are so interesting and different than all other Ecuadorians I've met. I was teaching about the holy ghost and how we feel it (she doesn't believe in God), and she said "kinda like a positive energy I'd imagine, right?" Totally! We read moroni 7:12,13 but she totally already understood that. We are teaching Mariela still, she's got the bum knee, well now it has a prosthetic, and she seems to be progressing fine, but yesterday a guy in the church that we asked to pick her up in his truck totally didn't and she was really bummed because she couldn't just roll herself down to the chapel, so she cant get baptized until she attends 3 times...now the next month. All is good here in San Juan, next week we will receive transfers...so we'll see how that goes. I imagine I'll stay here, hopefully with Elder Comsa.
Love Elder Blackwelder

Danny Charculean, funny kid

Quinoa soaked for 3 days, woops!


Mangoes, fresh and dry 


The Basilica behind me

UW and BYU hats in a shop. The owner is Korean, named Cho


my new Venus shoes (ecuadorian special)



 January 9, 2012
Candice-
So, this week was kinda hard for me too. I'm glad you cried too about that song, its so good! Ben wrote me! I was so happy. I love you too and I wish you were here! I'm just a lost soul swimmin in a fish bowl, well, not really. I feel like I've got all the direction I need right now. My poor companion, he's just dying from spanish. I try to speak 100% with him so he can gain some confidence. 
Love Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment