Monday, December 10, 2012

New Companion


Well, Tuesday night I received the call that Elder Ramos was to leave the next morning. I am not going to waste my time nor yours to tell you about how difficult of a companion he was, I'd rather tell you about my new one Elder Christensen. He got out of the MTC early because he already knew spanish pretty well. He has helped me to see the spirituality that is necessary to have success in a mission. We have an investigator named Elizabeth who has leukemia and her husband left her for a few days because she needs to get married in order to get baptized but he got really offended and mad that she was talking about such things. We found her one day on the street and she told us the news about her husband leaving her and her 3 kids. and after she walked away, my companion suggested we offer a prayer for her. I was happy to hear that, and we did so, but it made me think about how sometimes here I begin to just work, and sort of leave God out of it. After having done the same kinds of things every day for 16 months, I'd begun to think that I kinda had it all under control with my own skills that I've acquired. I was happy that he could teach me so much with such a small action. I'll let you guys know next week about how things are doing with Elizabeth. We also have another person preparing for baptism but is really nervous about making a decision. She knows it's all true, but is hesitant in making the decision. Her name is Juliana. We are going to focus a lot this week on finding new people to teach and I just KNOW that there is a family waiting for my companion and I to knock.
 

Love you all,

Elder Blackwelder

 
Tamarindo- a pod fruit that has seeds with like a tart paste all around them.
The elders who live with me and the Christmas garland (:
 
My speaker I bought with the money from Miki Olsen. Finally can ring in the season with the Manheim Steamroller dad sent (:



No comments:

Post a Comment